Connexion Artist-Run Centre is continuing to accept proposals for ISOLATION PROJECTS. We are looking for artists to create content from their homes that can be disseminated online or through alternative physically-distant means, and to share their practices & working methods with the community. Projects may include:
– Digital “residencies” & social media takeovers
– Live streams of media or performance works
– Digital workshops or artist talks
– Creation & documentation of sculpture/installation works on your own property*
* While current physical distancing measures are in place, we will accept proposals for installations made on public-facing properties, but will not publicize their specific locations.
Artists working in any media across Canada, with preference given to members of Connexion ARC and artists working in New Brunswick/Atlantic Canada.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials or to or request a meeting to talk about your project.
– A short project description that addresses the following:
What is your project? Which platform will you use? (I.e. stand-alone website, Instagram, Facebook Live, Zoom, physical artwork with documentation or printed materials to be disseminated at a later date.) How will you execute the project while respecting current best practices in physical distancing?
– Artist statement and/or bio
– Samples of work: up to 10 images and/or 10 minutes of video/audio
– Optional: CV, social media links, or other materials relevant to your project.
Ongoing. Next selections will be made from proposals received by 5pm Friday, June 5.
Projects will be reviewed by a committee of Connexion ARC staff & board members. Proposals will be evaluated based on their alignment with our mandate, and feasibility/social responsibility under current distancing regulations.
Thanks to the generous support of the Sheila Hugh MacKay Foundation, Connexion ARC is now able to offer an honorarium of $415 per project.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or assistance with your submission.