DEADLINE EXTENDED: NOW FRIDAY JUNE 12th at MIDNIGHT
Connexion Artist-Run Centre is continuing to accept proposals for ISOLATION PROJECTS. We are looking for artists to create content from their homes that can be disseminated online or through alternative physically-distant means, and to share their practices & working methods with the community. Projects may include:
– Digital “residencies” & social media takeovers
– Live streams of media or performance works
– Digital workshops or artist talks
– Creation & documentation of sculpture/installation works on your own property*
* While current physical distancing measures are in place, we will accept proposals for installations made on public-facing properties, but will not publicize their specific locations.
Artists working in any media across Canada, with preference given to members of Connexion ARC and artists working in New Brunswick/Atlantic Canada.
Please contact email@example.com with the following materials or to or request a meeting to talk about your project.
– A short project description that addresses the following:
What is your project? Which platform will you use? (I.e. stand-alone website, Instagram, Facebook Live, Zoom, physical artwork with documentation or printed materials to be disseminated at a later date.) How will you execute the project while respecting current best practices in physical distancing?
– Artist statement and/or bio
– Samples of work: up to 10 images and/or 10 minutes of video/audio
– Optional: CV, social media links, or other materials relevant to your project.
Ongoing. Next selections will be made from proposals received by
5pm Friday, June 5. JUNE 12th MIDNIGHT
Projects will be reviewed by a committee of Connexion ARC staff & board members. Proposals will be evaluated based on their alignment with our mandate, and feasibility/social responsibility under current distancing regulations.
Thanks to the generous support of the Sheila Hugh MacKay Foundation, Connexion ARC is now able to offer an honorarium of $415 per project.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or assistance with your submission.